You make it like any curry, but with lentils and tomatoes. It’s very quick – should take about 15 minutes or less. Mmm…
1. Fry 1 onion and a few garlics in a few oils.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of cummin seed if you’ve got it, and maybe the same amount of coriander seed and fry.
3. Add 2 teaspoon of ground cummin and 1 teaspoon of ground tumeric , with some chilli to taste.
4. Once tasty looking, add 1 tin of lentils and 1 tin of tomatoes. Stir and that’s about it. Maybe add some lime pickle, a small dash of vinegar or lemon, and pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and a pinch of sugar.
5. Simmer for a while until it looks like you want it to.